Gita B Kapur
Law Pay

Get immediate help with your immigration issue.
Call 213-784-6598 to arrange a time to talk

Gita B Kapur

Get immediate help with your immigration issue.
Call 213-784-6598 to arrange a time to talk

Immigration Courts

Immigration Court

En Español

The attorneys and the legal team at Law Offices of Gita B. Kapur have significant experience working in local immigration courts in Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Adelanto, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas and local immigration courts in other communities.

The Los Angeles immigration courts are located at:

Los Angeles – N. Lose Angeles Street
300 N. Los Angeles Street
Room 4330
Lose Angeles, CA 90012

Los Angeles – Olive Street
606 S. Olive Street
15th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Los Angeles – Van Nuys Boulevard
6230 Van Nuys Blvd., 3rd Floor, Suite 300
Van Nuys, CA 91401

More information can be found at:

Immigration Court FAQs

I have received a notice to appear. What should I do next?

A notice to appear is the first document you will receive once you are referred from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you receive one, it means that you are in the United States illegally and that the government is seeking to deport you.

Talk to a lawyer if you have received a notice to appear. There may be several immigration options available that would allow you to remain in the United States.

Do I have to bring a lawyer to the first immigration hearing?

It is advisable to have a lawyer come to your first immigration hearing. In fact, the judge may recommend that you bring one, since immigration law matters are extremely complex.

When you get to the court house, let the immigration clerk know that you have arrived. When your name is called, you can tell the judge that you want to hire an attorney to represent you in the immigration proceedings. You can represent yourself, but the process is very complex and can take a long time.

What happens if I don’t attend the immigration court hearing?

If you miss an immigration hearing, an immigration judge may issue a deportation order against you. If you missed the hearing due to a severe illness or death, you may be able to seek a motion to reopen the case, where you can work to remedy the situation with help from an immigration lawyer.

Can I get a attorney to represent me in immigration proceedings?

No. There are no attorneys in immigration matters. My law firm provides competitive prices where various immigration options can be explained.

Contact a Lawyer for Information on Los Angeles Immigration Courts

For more information about local immigration courts, please call toll free at 866-643-8852 or send me an e-mail. My legal services are competitively priced, and I offer payment plans to clients in Los Angeles and surrounding areas in California, including Long Beach, Pasadena, San Fernando Valley, Santa Monica, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Ana, and Palmdale who qualify.

We speak a variety of languages to ease the process for our immigrant clients, including Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, Zapotec, Armenian, and Urdu.

Click here for your case evaluation