Gita B Kapur
Law Pay

Get immediate help with your immigration issue.
Call 213-784-6598 to arrange a time to talk

Gita B Kapur

Get immediate help with your immigration issue.
Call 213-784-6598 to arrange a time to talk

Asylum Refugee Status

Assistance Gaining Asylum Status

En Español

Refugee and asylum status are legal protections available to immigrants who have left their home countries for their own safety and are afraid to go back. At the Law Offices of Gita B. Kapur and Associates in Los Angeles, California, we handle asylum, refugee and temporary protected status (TPS) petitions. We know how to prepare them accurately with strong documentation. If you fear persecution in your native country, do not hesitate to contact us to schedule an appointment.

Are you afraid for your safety if you return to your native country? Contact the Law Offices of Gita B. Kapur and Associates to speak with an experienced Los Angeles asylum attorney. Call toll-free at 866-643-8852.

Asylum, Refugee, TPS And SIJ Applications And Appeals

People who have been persecuted in the countries they are from may apply for asylum, refugee status or temporary protected status in Los Angeles County and the rest of the United States. Key definitions are as follows:

  • Asylum: Individuals already physically present in the U.S. may apply for asylum if they have good reasons to be afraid of persecution because of their identities in terms of race, religion or nationality, or because they belong to certain social groups or hold particular political opinions.
  • Refugee: A refugee is a person outside the United States who cannot or will not go back to their country because they have suffered past persecution or expect to suffer persecution because of who they are, what groups they belong to or what they believe in.
  • Temporary protected status (TPS): This is an immigration status available to foreign nationals in the United States when their own countries are currently unsafe or hazardous for reasons such as political problems, war, floods, earthquakes and other serious hardships in their countries.
  • Special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS): An unmarried young person under the age of 18 or 21 who is in the United States and needs the protection of a juvenile court because of abuse, abandonment or neglect by a parent may be eligible for SIJ status and, eventually, lawful permanent residency (a green card).

Please note that our law firm has ample experience handling gay, lesbian and transgender asylum cases in Los Angeles County. We have become well known as an immigration law office that has helped many transgender asylum seekers secure legal status to live and work in the U.S.

Contact Experienced Santa Ana Refugee Status Lawyer

Since each case is different, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced Los Angeles, California, immigration attorney to evaluate your asylum or refugee immigration case to determine the appropriate type of relief for your particular situation in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, including Long Beach, Pasadena, San Fernando Valley, Santa Monica, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Ana and Palmdale.

Contact us toll-free at 866-643-8852 or send us an email. Our immigration legal services are competitively priced, and we offer payment plans to clients who qualify.

We speak a variety of languages to ease the process for our immigrant clients, including Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, Zapotec, Armenian and Urdu.

We welcome clients of all nationalities and native languages.

Most credit cards are accepted. MasterCard Visa Amex PayPal
Click here for your case evaluation.