How to Get Work Authorization in the USA

There are a variety of options available for individuals looking to work in the United States. It is important to talk to a U.S. immigration lawyer about your specific options.

I am attorney Gita B. Kapur. As an immigrant myself, I understand the U.S. immigration process from both a personal and professional angle. I can work with you to determine what options are available if you are looking for information on how to get work authorization in the U.S. Please contact me for more information.

Getting Work Authorization in the US

There may be several options available for individuals looking to come to the U.S. to work:

  • Sponsorship by an employer (through EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, and EB-5 visas)
  • Sponsorship by a family member (such as a spouse, child, or fiance/fiancee visa)
  • Asylum or refugee status
  • Green card lottery

When an individual obtains a green card (or permanent residence status), he or she can generally work anywhere in the U.S. with no restrictions. My law firm assists immigrants who are seeking to become either a temporary (nonimmigrant) worker or a permanent (immigrant) worker.

An individual cannot apply for a work permit unless he or she has filed with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or immigration court. To learn more about the requirements for gaining authorization to work in the United States, please contact my law firm.

Contact a Los Angeles Work Authorization Lawyer

To learn about your options for getting work authorization in the U.S. from a California immigration lawyer, please contact me online or call toll free at 866-643-8852.

My legal services are competitively priced, and I offer payment plans to clients in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, including Long Beach, Pasadena, San Fernando Valley, Santa Monica, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Ana, and Palmdale who qualify. We speak a variety of languages to ease the process for our immigrant clients, including Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, Zapotec and Urdu.

Click here for your case evaluation